Kind Words from Terry Laundry, Founder of T Theory

"Parker has sent me what I consider to be the most important refinements to T Theory I have ever received from anyone in an e-mail . . . which he calls Tweaking the 13th Advance Decline T." September 29, 2010

"Parker has sent me a very interesting concept which is the NY Advance Decline line divided by the put-call ratio . . . What he's done is introduce the idea of sentiment." September 15, 2010

"Parker discovered the Money Flow Ts . . . This is something like the Holy Grail in T Theory. You are always looking for something that will help you refine the peak date." October 17, 201

"Money Flow Ts are probably the greatest new thing I have seen in 20 years in terms of time symmetries."
December 5, 2010.

Sunday, December 5, 2010

$$ Thank You

I just wanted to give a shout out to all the readers and participants of Position Sizing.  Over the last thirty days, this blog has accumulated more than 50,000 page views.  Thanks again, everyone!

10 comments:

  1. Thank you Parker!
    For making a great job of explaining & sheering your knowledge:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos Parker your creativity,thoroughness, skill,and generosity are much appreciated.THANK YOU our friend..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parker, nice comment from Terry today. I was going through your November 25 Volume Oscillator Study post. With the run up last week last week the market is following the July 4th pattern nicely. Including April, this is is the 3rd major test of the 1225 area, and there is also resistance from the '08 July low that preceeded the crash.

    I recently learned about a respected and reliable market timer named Tom Demark. He's created two indicators for trend duration: TD Setup and TD Countdown. I was wonding if you've heard of him and whether or not you've ever used his indicators. He's worked with Tudor Jones and some other big institutional trading firms.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hunt

    I've heard of Demark and browsed his book at the bookstore, but I confess I don't understand the first thing about his methods.

    Do you find it helpful?

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me it's too early to tell. I've just reviewed the two indicators I metioned above. They both relate to trend exhaustion. I think he basically backtested how many lower lowers or high high's the typical trend has prior to consolidation or reversal and found for short term trends it's 9 bars and for longer term ones 13. There are rules, 0bvioulsy I'm dramatically over simplifying his system. I'm going to watch it for a while and do some analysis and I'll let you know if I find anything or when one of his setups is activated. I do not subscribe or have his automated platform.

    One question on mft's. Both you and Terry have shown some excellent examples of money flow T's working. Do you have an actual success rate or (from your experiece) a general sense of the percentage of the time they end up predicing a change in trend? Just curious - some of them are very accurate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hunt

    In the words of Brian Fantanna, "60% of the time it works every time."

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zLq2-uZd5LY

    :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks! Not sure who Brian Fantanna is but sounds like Yogi Berra's cousin!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alright, that's funny. Great quote for trading systems. Love Will Ferrell. I need to watch Anchorman front to back. Only seen a few scenes - but never that one!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Parker

    Me,too!

    Good stuff! and I love the site.. plenty of room to make a comment or observation.

    Thanks for your efforts.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete