Kind Words from Terry Laundry, Founder of T Theory

"Parker has sent me what I consider to be the most important refinements to T Theory I have ever received from anyone in an e-mail . . . which he calls Tweaking the 13th Advance Decline T." September 29, 2010

"Parker has sent me a very interesting concept which is the NY Advance Decline line divided by the put-call ratio . . . What he's done is introduce the idea of sentiment." September 15, 2010

"Parker discovered the Money Flow Ts . . . This is something like the Holy Grail in T Theory. You are always looking for something that will help you refine the peak date." October 17, 201

"Money Flow Ts are probably the greatest new thing I have seen in 20 years in terms of time symmetries."
December 5, 2010.

Thursday, October 28, 2010

$$ Example of Pulling the Trigger

Quy wrote:

"I'd love to see you posting your trades so we can learn how & when you pull your triggers."

Thanks for your question, Quy.  While I have written about many of the things I look at on this blog, I have not disclosed:

1.  My actual trades,
2.  The details of my algorithm for producing buy or sell signals,
3.  The actual buy and sell signals in real time,
4.  How I implement those signals, or pull the trigger as you say. 

I doubt I will ever disclose #1 & #2.  Depending on how things go, I might disclose #3 in the future.  But let me give you an example of #4.

Assume you received a sell signal based on the October 21 close.  For October 22, you would place a sell stop order at the low of the October 21 candle at ~1171.















Point of clarification:  clearly you can't trade $SPX.  I am just using the $SPX chart as an example.

October 22 did not trade below 1171, so the order was not executed. 

For October 25, you move your sell stop order to the low of the October 23 candle, or ~1179.   October 25 did not trade below 1179, so that order was not executed.

For October 26, you move your sell stop to ~1185, the low of the October 25 candle.  This order gets executed on October 26, and when it does you place a stop loss order at the top of the October 25 candle (~1196) in case you are wrong.

Further, because price is above the 10-day exponential moving average when the trade was executed, you would take a smaller initial position than you would if price was below the 10-day moving average.  If you catch the corner and the trade starts to go your way, you can add to your position later. 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for the response, Parker. Anything you post to help us novice speculators is greatly appreciated !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Parker

    I think you mean to place a "buy stop" order at the top of the candle, so that you could reenter the trade after being stopped out.

    just say'n.

    Bill

    ReplyDelete
  3. Parker,

    If you don’t mind sharing;

    Your stop loss at 96, do you place it at the high or do you allow some “wiggle” above it?

    Bill the "stop loss" is were he will exit his short at 85...11 handles above his entry.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bill and Tim

    You are both right. In this example, it would be a buy stop loss order.

    Wiggle room is a matter of preference, but usually a bad habit to get into.

    ReplyDelete
  5. PoSition Sizing
    Any update on how the end of T-13 is shaping up?
    The market seemed to peak on Oct 25, but still holding up. Does this bring your ultimate time ending to nov 10, 2 days early?
    Shouldn't we see some weakness prior to that date?

    ReplyDelete