Kind Words from Terry Laundry, Founder of T Theory

"Parker has sent me what I consider to be the most important refinements to T Theory I have ever received from anyone in an e-mail . . . which he calls Tweaking the 13th Advance Decline T." September 29, 2010

"Parker has sent me a very interesting concept which is the NY Advance Decline line divided by the put-call ratio . . . What he's done is introduce the idea of sentiment." September 15, 2010

"Parker discovered the Money Flow Ts . . . This is something like the Holy Grail in T Theory. You are always looking for something that will help you refine the peak date." October 17, 201

"Money Flow Ts are probably the greatest new thing I have seen in 20 years in terms of time symmetries."
December 5, 2010.

Sunday, July 5, 2009

$$ What is Overbought & Oversold?

Hint: It's not RSI 70 and 30. In fact, an RSI tag of 70 or 30 is meaningless.

John Bollinger wrote at p. 170 of Bollinger on Bollinger Bands that during uptrends, the 14-day RSI oscillates between 80 and 40 while during downtrends RSI(14) ranges between 60 and 20.

Constance Brown explored these RSI(14) range rules more in depth in Chapter 1 of her book Technical Analysis for the Trading Professional.

Both Bollinger and Brown cite Andrew Cardwell's work on the RSI. Andrew has not published, but Steven Vincent of BullBear recently interviewed Andrew for an hour at the June Trader Expo in LA. The interview is broken into six 10 minute segments on YouTube. Here is Part 1 of 6 of the interview. You'll find Parts 2-6 at YouTube.

2 comments:

  1. Although I have not directly published my work there are certainly a lot a people who reference my work with the RSI. My "Range Rules" and "Positive/Negative Reversal" Patterns are often cited by others. The only published works I have are articles all over the internet and my Basic RSI and RSI EDGE Courses. For futher information on the courses and outlines you can reach me at cardwellrsi@gmail.com
    Andrew Cardwell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome Andrew Cardwell! For anyone who wants to learn all the "ins and outs" of RSI, I highly recommend taking Andrew's course like I did.

    Welles Wilder may have invented the RSI, but Andrew is the king of interpreting the indicator.

    ReplyDelete