Kind Words from Terry Laundry, Founder of T Theory

"Parker has sent me what I consider to be the most important refinements to T Theory I have ever received from anyone in an e-mail . . . which he calls Tweaking the 13th Advance Decline T." September 29, 2010

"Parker has sent me a very interesting concept which is the NY Advance Decline line divided by the put-call ratio . . . What he's done is introduce the idea of sentiment." September 15, 2010

"Parker discovered the Money Flow Ts . . . This is something like the Holy Grail in T Theory. You are always looking for something that will help you refine the peak date." October 17, 201

"Money Flow Ts are probably the greatest new thing I have seen in 20 years in terms of time symmetries."
December 5, 2010.

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

$$ Momentum Pinball Variant

Raschke and Connors wrote about their "Momentum Pinball" set up in Street Smarts. They wrote that traders look for a "buying day" when the 3 day RSI drops below 30, and for a "shorting day" when the 3 day RSI rises above 70. On a buying day, you set a buy stop order above the high of the first hour's range. If executed, you place a stop loss order at the low of the first hour's range. If the trade closes the day with a profit, carry overnight and look to exit on a morning follow-through. Exit for sure by the close of the 2nd day of the trade.

I have altered the set up slightly for my personal use. As seen below, I use a 3 day SMA of the 3 day RSI as taught me by Andrew Cardwell. This smooths out the RSI. But I only look for oversold signals during uptrends, and overbought signals in downtrends. I always prefer to enter in the direction of the main trend.




The TBT chart shows that on May 15, 2009 , the SMA3 of RSI 3 was below 30 and bottoming. This was a clue to look for a "buying day" on May 18. Here's the 30-minute chart of TBT for the following week:


A buy stop order was placed at $49.60. Once executed, a stop loss order was placed at $49.05. The trade ended the day profitably, was held overnight, and was sold after a morning follow through on May 19 at $51.00 for a profit of 2.55 x risk.

No comments:

Post a Comment