Kind Words from Terry Laundry, Founder of T Theory

"Parker has sent me what I consider to be the most important refinements to T Theory I have ever received from anyone in an e-mail . . . which he calls Tweaking the 13th Advance Decline T." September 29, 2010

"Parker has sent me a very interesting concept which is the NY Advance Decline line divided by the put-call ratio . . . What he's done is introduce the idea of sentiment." September 15, 2010

"Parker discovered the Money Flow Ts . . . This is something like the Holy Grail in T Theory. You are always looking for something that will help you refine the peak date." October 17, 201

"Money Flow Ts are probably the greatest new thing I have seen in 20 years in terms of time symmetries."
December 5, 2010.

Tuesday, March 29, 2011

$$ The Squeeze: GLD and GDX

I like to look at Bollinger Bands on P&F charts to identify potential squeeze opportunities.  The bands are getting pretty tight on GLD and GDX.  A big move up or down is likely in the offing.  Since I believe Stocks and Gold are generally headed to a top in May-June, I'm betting that the GDX (and GLD) move is to the upside.


9 comments:

  1. A Gold Site that seems to follow it well says:

    "I hate to say this, but the metals are often hit around a Non-Farm Payrolls report, as the Fed and its dealers wish to discourage any flight to safety or inflation hedge thoughts as they print their way to prosperity"

    http://jessescrossroadscafe.blogspot.com/

    Check out their charts - Gold has a serries of cup and handel patterns.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Personally, I think Gold pulls back right here. An immediate target is 1365 but it could go even lower. A close below 1400.00 is necessary to instigate the selloff.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 of the last 6 Non-Farm Payroll reports have seen Gold have an up day. Just saying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Another good observation Parker. Plenty of shorts who will run if the direction of the metal proves to be up. GDXJ and SIL could also be a good bet on the long side.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Parker...

    This is the first time I saw BB used in a P&F chart...but it is very interesting when used with and oscillator...
    My "short term" indicator for the XAU is currently oversold, so it seems to make sense...

    That's thinking out of the box!
    Good work...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Parker...

    You once commented on my PM Mutual Fund Market Cap chart...
    I decided to update it again, but this time I compared it to the chart of GLD and the results are very interesting...

    http://bit.ly/g6X6lO

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Parker.

    I was wondering what your money flow T's forecast for SLV and SIL (silver and silver miners). Do they have the same forecast as GLD and GDX, or do you forecast a divergence at some point?

    Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Peter

    I don't have anything that suggests a divergence.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If you are a NinjaTrader and want to do position sizing from your trading chart, please check out this video on Risk Management.
    http://www.youtube.com/user/NTIndicatorWarehouse#p/u/1/BCk2gmzzTL8

    ReplyDelete